Duathlon Training

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Long Cycle and Run

Cycled into work today - 15km in 35.58 mins which is the fastest I've done it so far (was 42 minutes the first week I had the bike). When I arrived at the gym I dumped my bag and jumped on the running machine for a 1.5km run which I did in 8mins 10 secs. Actually I could have done it faster, which just goes to show how much easier treadmill running is than doing the real thing.
I'm having trouble with my running shoes at the moment though, I bought them a few weeks before the 12km run I did and they were fantastic, really comfortable. Over the past 3-4 weeks though they've started rubbing on the long tendon from my big toe (both feet). I think this is partly because my tendons are quite tight at the moment (I'm one of those odd people who run with their big toes pointing up in the air!), but my old running shoes don't rub in the same way.
I'm thinking of going back to the sports shoe shop to talk to them about it, even though I've done over 100km in the shoes I don't think they should be rubbing like this so hopefully they will have some advice for me, I'll let you know what happens!
It's so humid this morning that even after my shower I was still really hot, so now I'm sitting in my office with the fan going on full trying to cool down. I guess it's only going to get worse! Also I discovered when I got home last night that after my swimming yesterday lunchtime I got a serious amount of sun on my back, which I hadn't thought about at all. So I've bought some waterproof sun tan lotion and I will give that a go next time I hit the pool. Actually given the strength of the sun at the moment even when it's cloudy I should probably put some on before cycling too.
Thankfully the coffee machine was working this morning so I've now had my breakfast and morning coffee and can settle down and do some work (!). Tomorrow should be interval speed running on the treadmill but I'll have to see how sore my quads are after todays exertions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home