Duathlon Training

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tired Legs

Back in the pool yesterday lunch time. Thankfully it went a lot better than Monday's session, I actually felt like I could remember how to swim! I did 10 lengths (50m pool) alternating between breast stroke and freestyle, then two lengths on my back one using just arms one using just legs, then had a rest and a stretch before finishing with a slow breast stroke length and then a length of butterfly to finish. Apologies to anyone else who was in the pool - my butterfly is very messy and has the tendency to cause tsunamis at the other end of the pool, luckily I don't care what I look like doing it as it's a great cardio workout and I just enjoy doing it it's such a mad swimming stroke!
After work I hit the treadmill at the gym for an interval speed run. I thought it might be hard work after the swimming, but in fact it didn't seem any harder than usual and I managed 6 long intervals and 6 short intervals, which is one more short than I did last week. Glad to be finished though as this is one workout which not only leaves me looking like a tomato once I've finished, but keeps me looking red for about an hour afterwards (which is why I do it at the end of the day before going home rather than in the morning!).

This morning was a half brick day. For the uninitiated a brick is a run, bike, run - I have no idea why it's called a brick, just read about it on training schedules. Anyway I have what I call my half brick which omits the first run, so it was just a 10km cycle followed by a 1km run. The cycle was hard going as my legs were tired from last night's running, so not a great time (24mins) but ok under the circumstances. The 1km run was, once again, awful. Once I get off the bike I just can't seem to make my legs work I'm just totally knackered. So I stumbled up the road and back in a somewhat pathetic 6 minutes (plus some seconds I'm trying to forget about) and then recovered with a bit of stretching.
Just some abs and 'core training' to do later today so I can take it easy now! Roll on Saturday which is my day off training this week :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home