Duathlon Training

Monday, December 19, 2005

Last Week Before Xmas

And I feel like I really have to get some serious training in before I relapse onto the sofa to drink too much and watch DVDs for 3 days!
Yesterday was my first run through of the full length duathlon, so I did the 3.5km run followed by 10km cycle and then the 1.5 km run. It actually wasn't too bad (despite the blazing heat). My times were fairly poor (20mins 45secs, 24 mins, 8 mins 58 seconds) but at least I did it and didn't feel too bad afterwards. The final run was nowhere near as hard as last time, running on the gym treadmill after cycling in from home has obviously helped, and mentally I was much more prepared for it.
This morning I cycled in and despite tired legs from yesterday I still managed a time of 36mins 29seconds - very respectable. I jumped on the treadmill again when I arrived at the gym and did a couple of km at a fairly brisk pace, legs still not feeling too bad.
Forecast for the rest of the week is not good and with social commitments and a haircut to fit in I don't think I'll be able to cycle in again before Xmas (especially as I'm taking Thurs and Friday off), but I'm hoping to fit in a run followed by a bike on weds provided it's not chucking it down first thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home