Duathlon Training

Monday, February 13, 2006

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Well I don't know if it was doing less cardio, not doing a run through last weekend, more weights or just generally having more energy, but I had a great run through yesterday and beat my fastest time. This was mainly down to the 3.5 km run which I did nearly 30 seconds faster than my previous fastest time, so I have finally got it below 21 minutes which was my main aim. Not only that but I did good times on the cycle and final run too so I hadn't worn myself out with the first run. Needless to say I was very happy and so have decided to keep my training the same, as much as is possible, for the next 6 weeks. Next weekend I'll be playing hockey anyway (master's games) so won't have time (or energy) for a full run through, so I'll leave it until the week after and then just do one more before the actual event.
Weights this morning was hard work, I wasn't really in the mood which didn't help, but everything just seemed so much heavier today!
I've got a bit of a hectic week coming up this week so have no idea when/if I'll get time to go swimming, but if anything has to slip then I guess that's the least important thing so not too big a deal - I mainly do it for the enjoyment factor more than the exercise.
Back on the subject of the master's games, I went to watch some of the swimming on Saturday (well done Gabi for your bronze medal :-) ) and was heartened to see that although there were some really serious competitive swimmers there, there were also some people who were there just to give it a go - which is the whole point of the master's games - so good on them for that. They included a 74 year old woman - I can only hope that when I'm 74 (if I live that long) - I have enough ooomph to be out competing in a swimming event.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jelloette said...

You rock!! :D Congrats on beating your time... keep it up chicky!! You do me proud!! ;)

12:03 AM  
Blogger Evadne Hatte said...

Awwwww, thanks jelloette you're a sweetie :-)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home